[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: E-mail Address in WEB Browser

Internet email is by definition not secure. You can spoof email
by simply opening a connection and sending mail across any SMTP
port, as if you're someone else (see RCPT TO: Bill@Whitehouse.gov).
This is exactly what you're doing if you enter someone else's
email address in the Netscape mail fields. I don't think there
are any plans to change this in the Netscape browser. If you
want security go with something like Notes, but then anyone else
with a Netscape browser can act like you.